Now that all of our new incoming students have been through summer orientation, we went to remind everybody to recheck their fall semester schedules to make sure that everything is PERFECT for the upcoming semester! Follow the steps below and use our advising webpage – especially the BRAND NEW Advising Manual and PowerPoint Presentation for New Incoming Students.
Steps to finalize your fall semester schedule:
First, review your ACT/ SAT scores. Make sure that MyNEVADA shows the most current test scores.
- Log on to MyNEVADA; select Student Center Dashboard (top left); select “Test Scores” from the drop down menu.
- If your scores are incorrect:
- Contact Admissions and Records to verify that they have received your latest scores.
- Contact College Board to have your scores re-sent if Admissions and Records does not have them on file.
- If your scores are correct, make sure that you are enrolled in the appropriate corresponding course according to Test Score Placement for Math and English.
- If you do not feel as though your test scores accurately represent your math abilities, consider taking the Accuplacer.
Next, check your Advanced Placement (AP)/International Baccalaureate (IB) scores.
- Verify that you have received appropriate credit for AP tests completed using the College Board Advanced Placement Examination (CBAPE) table.
- Verify that you have received appropriate credit for IB tests completed using International Baccalaureate (IB) Examination.
Then, verify the times and days of your classes.
- Remember, balance is key – try to schedule your classes out so that you will go to class!
- Set yourself up for success by creating a schedule that best fits your lifestyle.
Finally, verify that each of your classes is moving you closer to completing your degree.
- Make sure that you are enrolled in an English class.
- Make sure that you are enrolled in a math class.
- Every other class in your schedule should be either a pre-business core class, core curriculum requirement or planned elective (like BUS 101).
- Use the pre-business core checklist.
Remember, the search box located on the top of every University of Nevada, Reno and College of Business webpage is a wonderful resource for finding any additional information you may need!